Huntington Beach independent label No Sleep Records has premiered a new cover of Jimmy Eat World’s beloved song “Work” by Nashville rock act Daisyhead, today at Absolutepunk.net. The cover track is featured on the No Sleep’s upcoming release A Comp For Mom, which pays tribute to the label’s president Chris Hansen’s mother, Linda Hansen, who recently passed away.
Stream Daisyhead’s cover of “Work” now, exclusively at Absolutepunk.net: http://bit.ly/1xc8wvx
The collection also includes new and unreleased music from bands like The Wonder Years, Allison Weiss, Grey Gordon and The Swellers among others. A Comp For Mom is scheduled for release digitally and on limited edition vinyl on August 5th and is available for pre-order now at https://nosleeprecords.com/product/7217.
Pre-order the album now and follow No Sleep Records at https://www.facebook.com/nosleeprecords for additional updates.
A Comp For Mom Track List:
1. Allison Weiss - In My Life (originally by the Beatles)
2. Daisyhead - Work (originally by Jimmy Eat World)
3. Grey Gordon - Safe (originally by Dag Nasty)
4. Into It. Over It. - For Agnes
5. Jon Simmons - Veins
6. Koji - Matches (live version)
7. La Dispute - First Reactions After Falling Through The Ice
8. Major League - Montreal (acoustic version)
9. Moose Blood - Orlando (2014 version)
10. Now, Now - Neighbors
11. Run Forever - Warmer Weather
12. Sainthood Reps - Occurrent (acoustic version)
13. State Faults - Chin Up (originally by Copeland)
14. The Swellers - Possibilities (unreleased b-side)
15. The Wonder Years - Living Room Song (full band version)
Digital Bonus Song: Touche Amore - Available (originally by The National)
For More Information: